Meet the Insight Doctor
Known by her clients as “The Insight Doctor,” Z. Colette Edwards, M.D., M.B.A. blends the medical insight of a physician, the business acumen of an MBA-trained executive, and the holistic health and wellness outlook of an integrative coach to pack a one-two punch of inspiration and industry-leading healthcare business expertise. Her goal is to put the “health” back into healthcare to drive the financial health of organizations.
As the founder and CEO of Insight MD and PeopleTweaker®, Colette deploys clinically informed, business-focused solutions, paired with the discipline of an elite coach, to help her clients achieve optimal health, wellness and financial outcomes.
Areas of Expertise
- Clinically aligned, business and wellness-focused program and product design and implementation driven by healthcare analytics
- Strategic planning that anticipates and innovates ahead of emerging healthcare trends
- Chief Medical Officer services, including consultative data and clinical ROI analysis, benefit design consultation, large claims analysis, and strategic wellness action planning to achieve optimal health and business outcomes
- Health disparity, health literacy, and cultural competency consultation
- One-on-one C-suite/senior management integrative health/wellness/life executive coaching to help clients achieve greater wellness and productivity, and align their actions with their life goals
- Custom seminars addressing:
- Leading with Authenticity: You might be surprised that your health is at risk when you “fake it.” Learn how to lead and be true to yourself.
- The Art & Science of Healthy Aging: Reframe your outlook on growing older with five building blocks that empower you to “own” your aging. When it comes down to it, aging well means living well.
- Be Less Stressed: Identify your stress triggers and patterns, gain useful insight on how to alleviate and reduce stress, and focus on doing what matters the most.
- Be a Healthcare Rebel: Speak up for yourself and your health. Make the most of your doctor visits, improve your health through self-advocacy, and stay safe when you’re in the hospital.
She is a graduate of Harvard University, the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, the Wharton School, and the Health and Wellness Graduate Certificate Program in Health and Wellness Coaching at the Maryland University of Integrative Health (formerly Tai Sophia Institute) where she is a faculty member, serving as a mentor coach. She was also a 2013 scholar in the 2013 NIH Healthcare Disparities Program.
Managing Editor of the Wharton Healthcare Quarterly and the author of a McGraw-Hill text, Gastroenterology Quick Glance, Colette has written on various health topics for Her Mind magazine, and her health advice has been featured in Women’s Day magazine.
She is a member of the Visiting Committee of the Harris School of Public Policy Studies at the University of Chicago and the chair of its Career Development Subcommittee and of the Johns Hopkins Center for Reducing Cancer Disparities Steering Committee. She is a past member of the Johns Hopkins AHRQ DEcIDE Expert Stakeholder Advisory Group, the National Quality Forum Steering Committee on Health Disparities and Cultural Competency, and the Innovation Council of the American Liver Foundation.
Check out Colette’s recent insights here.