Special COVID-19 Issue #9
COVID-19 has required us to change and adapt frequently and make decisions based on the best information available at any given point in time. Now that a new school year has arrived, the importance of being well informed with facts has never been greater.
Vigilance in staying abreast of findings from studies and observations, in taking steps proven to reduce the risk of infection and spread of the novel coronavirus, and in doing everything possible to support a healthy lifestyle will serve as the foundation for both physical and emotional safety and security.
- Schools and Childcare Programs | CDC
- School Decision-Making Tool for Parents, Caregivers, and Guardians | CDC
- Back to School Planning: Checklists to Guide Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers | CDC
- Parents’ Guide to Online School: 9 Questions to Help Vet Your Back-to-School Choices | Education Coverage Supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) | American College of Pediatricians
- Recommended Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule: United States, 2020 | American Academy of Pediatrics
- Opting Out of Vaccines for Your Child | JAMA
- Assessment of SARS-CoV-2 Screening Strategies to Permit the Safe Reopening of College Campuses in the United States | JAMA
- Coursera (free online courses from top institutions and companies + degrees and professional certificates) | coursera.org
- Khan Academy (free online learning)
- Tools and Resources for Remote Instruction | Curated by The New Jersey Association of School Librarians
This is one of several special editions of Take One & Call Me in the Morning, focused on COVID-19. It’s brought to you by InsightMD. Get all the resources and tips from previous newsletters here.
Knowledge is power. Get the facts from the Centers for Disease Control.
Z. Colette Edwards, MD, MBA, leads Insight MD, a healthcare consultancy, which offers program design and implementation, targeted strategic planning and development, innovative product design, consultative data and clinical ROI analysis including benefit design and large claims analysis, health disparities/health literacy/cultural competency consultation, and PeopleTweaker, a coaching service line providing health, wellness, and life coaching and training in health coaching techniques for health professionals and support staff.