Wishing all a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!
And let’s do what we can to make the world a better place.
- It’s been a historic year for women’s health, with unprecedented investment, a U.S. Supreme Court decision in Dobbs, and the midterm elections. Join Z. Colette Edwards, MD, MBA for a fireside chat with Delphine O’Rourke, Esq., Partner with Goodwin Law Firm, to explore what to expect next. Fireside Chat: The Future of Women’s Health: What To Expect in 2023 and Beyond | Wharton Healthcare Quarterly webinar
- 40% of Americans Blame Deductibles for High Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Costs | HealthPayerIntelligence
- Would You Like to Live to a ‘Ripe Old Age?’ | Medscape
- Startup founders can increase their chances of success by doing more of this and less of that. I’ve Vetted 3,000 Health Startups: Here Are 10 Things I Wish Every Founder Knew | StartUp Health
- In Developing At-Home Diagnostics, Focus Less on Features and More On User Experience | MedCity News
- To Track or Not to Track? How Digital Period Tracking May Change In a Post-Dobbs World | Rock Health
- Teppa Snow, a thought leader and innovator in dementia care, provides insights into home health care. Common Mistakes Home-Based Care Providers Make | Home Health Care News
- Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Cut CV, Death Risk for Millions with Elevated BP | Healio
- Misinterpretation of Surgeons’ Statements on Cancer Removal – The Adverse Effects of “We Got It All” | JAMA Network
- The results of patient satisfaction surveys impact how much a hospital gets paid by insurers, but some researchers say important questions are missing. Patient Satisfaction Surveys Earn a Zero on Tracking Whether Hospitals Deliver Culturally Competent Care | Kaiser Health News
- How Differences in Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial Health Insurance Payment Rates Impact Access, Health Equity, and Cost | Commonwealth Fund
- Dangerously Wrong Oxygen Readings in Dark-Skinned Patients Spur FDA Scrutiny | Ars Technica
Z. Colette Edwards, MD, MBA, leads Insight MD, a healthcare consultancy, which offers program design and implementation, targeted strategic planning and development, innovative product design, consultative data and clinical ROI analysis including benefit design and large claims analysis, health disparities/health literacy/cultural competency consultation, and PeopleTweaker, a coaching service line providing health, wellness, and life coaching and training in health coaching techniques for health professionals and support staff.