Special COVID-19 Issue #8
Although we are in the midst of a surge that dwarfs the initial arrival of the novel coronavirus, at some point we will find a way to live alongside COVID-19 with greater knowledge, clarity, and control. And when an effective vaccine is available we will hopefully be able to move past it completely.
In the meantime, taking action to imagine the new normal which lies ahead will help us be best positioned to move forward and leverage the many innovations born in response to a global threat which has changed our lives forever. And the myriad inequities to which the world has been awakened might now have a sufficient glide path to bring about the transformation necessary to make life better for us all.
Taking Emotional Stress as Seriously as Physical Disorders
- More Than Ever, Healthcare Professionals Face Increased Suicide Risk (also provides CME) | MedPage Today
- Physician Burnout: 5 Steps CEOs Can Take to Fix the Problem | Health Evolution
- How to Manage Anxiety in 4 Simple Ways | SmartBrief
- COVID-19: The Invisible Impact of an Invisible Threat | Insight MD
- Update Your DE&I Playbook | Harvard Business Review
- Stop Asking Job Candidates for Their Salary History | Harvard Business Review
- Merck CEO Ken Frazier Discusses a COVID Cure, Racism, and Why Leaders Need to Walk the Talk | Harvard Business School Working Knowledge
- How to Run an Effective Virtual Meeting: Stop Blaming Zoom! | SmartBrief
- How To Deal with The Other Pandemic Covid-19 Revealed: Rotten Bosses | Forbes
- Tame Your Inbox Like an ER Doctor | Harvard Business Review
- Seven Tips for Managing Healthcare Teamwork During a Pandemic | MPR
This is one of several special editions of Take One & Call Me in the Morning, focused on COVID-19. It’s brought to you by InsightMD. Get all the resources and tips from previous newsletters here.
Knowledge is power. Get the facts from the Centers for Disease Control.
Z. Colette Edwards, MD, MBA, leads Insight MD, a healthcare consultancy, which offers program design and implementation, targeted strategic planning and development, innovative product design, consultative data and clinical ROI analysis including benefit design and large claims analysis, health disparities/health literacy/cultural competency consultation, and PeopleTweaker, a coaching service line providing health, wellness, and life coaching and training in health coaching techniques for health professionals and support staff.